WGAC Community Aquaponics programme
WGAC Community Aquaponics Programme
WGAC children about healthy living
1. Create a shared vision that protects country and connects people to traditional lore.
2. Develop and implement a Healthy Country Plan that will address biodiversity, ecosystem processes, threatened species and other natural values, as well as cultural values in the landscape.
3. Establish a Ranger Program with an annual works program to implement the Healthy Country Plan and process for review of the effectiveness of that implementation.
4. Emerge from a facilitated community meeting to support the Healthy Country processes and Ranger Program development.
5. Benefit in direct action to preserve and manage cultural landscapes, priority plants, animals and the values of surface and underground water on-country and also the identification of areas for proposed living areas, heritage activities, mining, tourism and economic land.
6. Contribute to land and cultural management as an important result of the process of implementing the Healthy Country Plan and Ranger Program development. This project commenced on the 25th of November 2015, with a 2 day workshop to identify the goals and map the direction of this project. It is important to note that this project is funded directly from our royalties as well as profits from our various business ventures. We hope that our partners will continue to support our growth as we re-invest in our Culture whilst providing employment to our Elders and Youth.
The project will also involve the construction of accommodation facilities On-Country to cater for On - Country meetings and for our Ranger program.